Join us the night before the conference for an evening of arts, culture, science, and entertainment!Ohio State Mansfield Friday, April 6, 2018 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM Events will begin at 5:30 pm and many will be happening simultaneously throughout the evening at multiple locations on campus.
The list of events include:
- Welcome Reception and Musical Performance – from 5:30 to 7:00 pm, at The Marketplace (Eisenhower Hall) Ohio State Mansfield leaders and local stakeholders will welcome you to our campus with light refreshments, drinks, and a musical performance from the OSU School of Music Jazz Ensemble.
- Ohio State Mansfield Student Art Show – from 6:00 to 9:00 pm, at the Pearl Conard Art Gallery (Ovalwood Hall) Join us for the Annual Student Exhibition, showcasing artwork created by students at The Ohio State University Mansfield during the academic year. A multitude of art forms will be represented, including drawings, paintings, sculptures, photographs, and video.
- Ignite talks – from 6:15 to 7:00 pm, at the Scarlet & Gray Café (Ovalwood Hall)(Ovalwood Hall) Join colleagues from across Ohio’s regional campuses and share your passion on these quick-paced, high-energy, 5-minute presentations. Ignite is all about fast and fun presentations covering virtually any topic. The first Ignite took place in Seattle in 2006, and since then the event has become an international phenomenon. Click here to learn about Ignite Talks
- Theatre: The Vagina Monologues – Friday and Saturday, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm, and Sunday at 2:30 pm, at the Founders Auditorium (Ovalwood Hall) Join Ohio State Mansfield students, faculty, staff, and community members on this presentation of Eve Ensler’s acclaimed episodic play, which delves into consensual and nonconsensual sexual experiences, body image, genital mutilation, direct and indirect encounters with reproduction, sex work, and several other topics through the eyes of women with various ages, races, sexualities, and other differences. A very timely topic! In keeping with the conference theme (Regional Campuses Building Bridges) this production has the involvement of our community partner, the Mansfield Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Poetry & Creative Writing Read Aloud by faculty and students – from 8:30 to 9:00 pm, at the Scarlet & Gray Café (Ovalwood Hall) Join faculty and students from our English and Creative Writing programs as they share their poems and creative expressions out loud. We hope to include participants from all regional campuses in Ohio so, make sure to contact us if you or your students would like to present your/their work!
Contact Us for More InformationConference Chair: Ozeas Costa ~~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Conference: April 7, 2018
Friday Reception & Cultural Night: April 6, 2018
Ohio State Mansfield
1760 University Drive
Mansfield, OH 44906